Almost all of the smoke sensors available on the market were designed with one objective in mind - discovering potential threats. However, no-one paid any attention to design. Naturally, smoke sensors are created to save lives. However, like most of the other sensors, smoke detectors are devices installed in visible places, like the ceilings. That's why our designers decided to combine uncompromised safety with functionality and aesthetics appreciated by our customers. Fibaro Smoke Sensor is a perfect sensor, a trendsetter for our competitors. it's a device combining beauty with new technology, to protect your home and family.
- Ultra Small - Smallest Z-Wave wireless smoke sensor in the World. 65 x 28mm.<./li>
- Cutting Edge Design - Made of top quality material, with huge number of holes. Each one electrochemically shaped, so that smoke entering the housing is easily guided into the sensor's chamber.
- Not Only A Smoke Sensor - Some materials burn without smoking. Includes additional protection using a temperature sensor.
- One Sensor, Many Possibilities - Powered by battery or wall socket, Alarm system compatibility, wired or wireless.
- You Decide - You decide what action to take in case of fire, flood or break-in. With the Smoke Sensor, discovering threats can result in opening roller blinds, a garage door, windows, illuminating a safe escape route.
- Sensitivity Calibration - Offers advanced options for configuring sensor's sensitivity.
- High Temperature Resistant Enclosure - Heat resistant material used to make the enclosure. Protects the device from damage even at 200 degrees celsius.
- Connection Check - Home Center 2 polls the sensor frequently to ensure it is working properly.
- Tamper Prevention - Built-in tamper prevention feature. Any tampering will be recorded and occupants will be notified about it.
- Z-Wave Network Range Tester - Built-in RGB LED signalling diode may be used to signal the Z-Wave network range.
- Built-in Tester - Informs you about its current state with a coloured display. The built-in LED glowing green means the device works fine and you are safe.
The Fibaro Z-wave Smoke Sensor Plus is Z-Wave Plus Certified.
Z-Wave Plus™ is a new certification program designed to help consumers identify products that take advantage of the recently introduced 'Next Gen' Z-Wave hardware platform, also know as 500 Series or 5th Generation Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance the end user experience and make Z-Wave installations even faster and easier to install and set up.
Z-Wave has led the market in interoperable smart devices for the home since the first Z-Wave product was certified in 2004. With the introduction of the Next-Gen, Z-Wave 500 series hardware platforms, Z-Wave saw its ecosystem bolstered with new capabilities, including increased range, extended battery life, Over The Air upgrading (OTA), additional RF channels and more -- all of which are fully backwards compatible with existing Z-Wave products.
For consumers, homeowners, integrators, and service providers, these enhancements offer tremendous benefits in terms of shorter and easier installations, richer device profiles, improved self-healing and longer battery life. With the new Z-Wave Plus certification program, the Z-Wave Alliance is introducing a series of packaging logos that will be located on every Z-Wave Plusâ¢ certified product, informing the consumer this product incorporates the enhanced capabilities of the Next Gen, Z-Wave 500 series.
50% improvement in battery life
67% improvement in range
250% more bandwidth
Three F channels for improved noise immunity and higher bandwidth
New Plug-n-Play Network-wide Inclusion feature
Improved self-healing and fault tolerance with Explorer Frame feature
Standardized method for Over the Air firmware updates (OTA)
Improved product information capture for product certification database